Monday, October 6, 2008

London Beanies


London Beanies
Originally uploaded by butterflyjones03
infamous London Beanies hat. I used Vanna's Choice yarn - since these are to be gifted to my BIL - and I figure he will throw them in the wash - frequently - he works outdoors - so having to think of the care and TLC of wool would be too much for him. :)
I used dark blue (photo is lighter than actual colors) and black. Size 7 needles - I have found the gauge to be off with this yarn - seems to be thicker than natural wool would be - Very quick and easy knit. Two hats , two nights! I knit till 6.5" on both hats then decreased with a plain row between the decrease rows.

1 comment:

Solitary Raven said...

Hope you are doing well... Seem abit quiet lately...
((((((((((hugs)))))))))))my friend.
I just entered you into my scissor drawing for Jan 1. Good luck!!
Laura