Friday, March 11, 2011

Cross Stitch Update and Stash

Hello again,
Yes I have been busy but I have caught up on my "Rose Hill Plantation" piece by LHN -
I had to graph out the chart so that I can put "Smith Hill Plantation" - and I still need to graph out the chart for 2010 which is the year my daughter got married - Dec 2010 - she went from a Jones to a Smith now! Gotta love it.
         
All I have to do is finish the flower in the lower right hand box at the bottom and to graph and stitch 2010 in the upper right.  I went to my local cross stitch shop and picked out the frame - it is gorgeous - it has roses carved out in it - cannot wait to have this framed - It is a surprise - my daughter has no idea I am making this and she never ever checks blogs  .  Not even mine :)  That is good I suppose!  I am really happy with this piece!









While at the shop I picked up a few things :  My next project will be "Love One Another"  also by LHN
This will be done on 28 -ct  Cashel linen - in natural - which I purchased today along with DMC 3865 which is winter white and Wisper - which will give the sheep a wooly look and feel.  Excited about that!  I love sheep!
 

Here are two new charts I picked up as well  




I couldn't figure out how to rotate the photo  - if anyone knows - please tell me :)  Thanks in advance
Anyway this is Just Nan - Bluebird Alphabet = and I purchased the two specialty threads that was needed - I just love greens - this is greens and blues.

OOoops!  Here it is again - turned sideways - cannot figure out how to change that...bummer.
these are really cute charts by LizzieKate - I fell in love with this one as it has a retro feel to it with that mushroom  - sweet!

I sure do hope you have a great weekend - I will be spending the day in Newburgh, NY at an all day Bible Assembly - cannot wait!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Your Rose Hill Plantation is looking great so far, your daughter will love it.

Wow! Seems you are going to have a lot of fun stitching all that! Enjoy your new stash ;D

Vanessa said...

Thanks Sandra :)

I plan to finish up the graphing of 2010 today for Rose Hill and finish up the stitching. Hopefully I can get it to my LNS to have it framed.