Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Drops107-8


Drops107-8
Originally uploaded by butterflyjones03
Drops107-8
This is just gorgeous! I love the lacework on this and it works up very fast - I did all this in 2 nights, This is Garnstudio & Drops Designs.
Number 107-8 Spring/Summer 2008 all free patterns.
www.garnstudio.com
I am using Knitpicks Shine sport yarn in turquoise - so far I have used 3 skeins and I am up to the arm shaping - so maybe 4.5 skeins total. I am dong the Medium size on size 4 needles to get gauge.
In case you need to know - since I love details and have had a hard time with trying to get things to fit properly. I am size 40 bust and 37 waist - I have learned that I need to allow for negative ease on certain garments. I ususally make them huge - - I am also taking into account that this yarn has a little stretch to it . Previous top I made I had to redo two sizes smaller. So you can image - I was doing size 42" finished size and it was humungous! So do gauge swatch and figure in yarn type and ease (neg or positive) depending on garment fit.
Love it, I will be making another one in white!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Vanessa your work is amazing!!! Very beautiful. I do a little crochet but I'm just a rookie. Love the way you dye your fibers and how are turned into thread, really interesting!

Well done!

Solitary Raven said...

Hi Vanessa! It is gorgeous
:)
hey, I read an old email with your new blogger addy in it
GEE!
Sorry hon, missed ya
and hope you are enjoying summertime
HUGS
Laura

Lillie said...

Gosh! its lovely indeed. I loved the lacy part of it. You do make lovely knits.

Thank you for entering the draw in my blog. I am sorry you didn't win.